Teacher appreciation week is a time to show your child’s teacher just how much they mean to both you and your child. It is a week to thank them for all they do for your child each day. Teacher appreciation week gift ideas do not have to be expensive or elaborate, but something that shows that you appreciate them and are thinking of them. Personalize the gifts to be about your child or about the teacher. Also, make it about the relationship you and/or your child have created with the teacher throughout the year.
This year, teacher appreciation week is May 6-10. So take advantage of these quick and easy teacher appreciation week gift ideas. Most of them should only take a few minutes to complete. Make sure to get your child involved in selecting and making the gifts. It is important for them to learn how to show gratitude as well.
Here are 20 Simple Teacher Appreciation Week Gift Ideas:
Simple DIY Gift Ideas For Your Teacher
- Make them a calendar and each month write one of your favorite things about them or that you did with them that month.
- Write a simple thank you note.
- Make them a container or jar with 20 slips of different things you appreciate about them or why you enjoy being in their class.
- Have your child draw them a picture of their favorite thing they do in the class.
- Make them a Christmas ornament.
- Give them a picture of the child with a favorite memory of the school year on the back.
- Make them a cup/container to hold their pens/pencils/markers or other writing utensils.
Easy and Cheap Food/Beverage Gift Ideas
- Give them a sweet treat.
- Bring them a coffee from a coffee shop in the morning.
- Give them a salty treat.
- Bring them their favorite drink.
- Give them their favorite candy.
- Bring them a donut or breakfast pastry in the morning.
Fun and Cheap Teacher Gift Ideas
- Give them their favorite flower.
- Pot a small plant for the classroom so everyone can watch it grow.
- Give them your favorite flower and write a note telling them why.
- Give them a school supply.
- Get them a pair of fun socks to wear.
- Give them a first aid supply.
- Give them a picture frame.
It is important to thank your child’s teacher and have your child show their gratitude for their teacher. A thank you doesn’t have to break the bank or be an all day project. Therefore, it can be a small token to show your appreciation. So use these simple, easy and cheap ways to thank the special teachers in you and your child’s life.